Delicious.com

Welcome!

Welcome to “… And You Shall Know Us by the Trail of Cheerios,” which, barring any cease and desist orders from General Mills, will be a place where I, your humble guide, will accompany you, the reader, through this labyrinth called fatherhood.


A little about me: I’m a journalist and corporate writer who spent more than a decade as a full time member of the newspaper industry. I work from home, so could technically be called a “stay-at-home” dad. Just don’t call me Mr. Mom. My kids have a mom, and they call her mom. I’m just a dad who happens to be around all the time, doing a few more of the things I’d likely be doing even if I had a job outside the home.


You might guess the name you see attached to this bit of bloggery isn’t my own. You’d be right. When the big book publishers come calling, I might reveal my true identity. Until then, though, be one with the mystery and enjoy. By the way, all names will be amended or changed to protect the guilty, innocent and easily embarrassed.


Main characters featured in the chronicles herein include:



  • Me – Your host on this bizarre journey of the mind.

  • The Wife – Stunning, talented, smart, resourceful and eternally patient. I really don’t deserve her, and yet she keeps coming home at the end of the day. Who’d have guessed?

  • The Boy – Kindergarten-aged first born, gregarious, precocious and sometimes exhausting. We’re expecting either his doctoral thesis or the full screenplay to his own Phineas & Ferb episode any day now.

  • The Girl – Our gorgeous and fearless toddler and the second (and last – more on that later) in a set of really great kids. She is convinced she is a 17-year-old trapped in a very small but exceptionally well-accessorized body.

Since modern fatherhood means so many things, the topics discussed here will be far-ranging and will likely cover many, many bases. Unlike many parents, who seem confused about why kids act the way they do, I have found it impossible to forget my own childhood and use those experiences as constant reference points for how I treat my own little ones.


I’ll also offer my humble opinion on parenthood issues that crop up on the national and international scene from the my own unique perspective. What is that perspective? Keep up with the postings and find out.


So look around, see if there's anything you like, and as always, thanks for reading.